What is Sustainability?
International Paper is proud of the products we make and the way we make them. It is our passion and commitment to deliver the products our customers want while ensuring responsible stewardship of natural resources today and for generations to come. For more than 110 years, our company has been one of the most environmentally responsible companies in the world. We have always taken a sustainable approach to business that balances environmental, social and economic needs. This approach has served our company and society well.
To International Paper, Sustainability means:
- Caring for the environment and our business
- Caring for present and future needs
- Continuing to use resources wisely
- Creating a smaller footprint
Translating our meaning into action we are focused on three key platform areas:
- Managing our natural resources
- Reducing our environmental footprint
- Building strategic partnerships
An essential part of our sustainable business strategy is to make products in a safe and healthy workplace and to continually improve our environmental performance. We are committed to:
- Working with employees to create and maintain an accident-free workplace
- Emphasizing prevention of emissions and elimination of excursions
We enthusiastically embrace the challenges we all face to safeguard our world. We are committed to stretching our imaginations, engaging the creativity of our employees and working with our customers and partners to discover new approaches and innovative solutions. We recognize that we must continuously improve. That's why we are always open to fresh thinking and gauging our progress. The core of our sustainability philosophy is that we must work together to drive business success while Sustaining a Better World for Generations -- we call it The IP Way.