Socio-environmental commitment and the rigor of the forestry and industrial processes of International Paper are proven by way of important certifications which are globally recognized by the market.
For consumers, the certifications represent additional guarantees regarding the quality of the productive processes and the source of International Paper products. And for the company, the certifications guarantee a high standard of quality.
Learn more about International Paper's certifications:
- ISO 9001 - international norm related to quality management, applicable to any organization, for every type of activity and sector. It's based on principles of quality management, basics for good business practices. To have this certification means commitment to quality and client satisfaction, guaranteeing that the products and services effectively serve your clients, in addition to measurement of continual progress in the direction of improvement of business performance.
- ISO 14001 - international norm applicable to any organization, related to environmental management.
- ISO 14001 specifies the most important requirements to identifying, controlling and monitoring environmental aspects, as well as managing and improving environmental management. With the ISO 14001 seal, International Paper affirms the environmental responsibility of its operations and the commitment to more and more effective environmental management.
- OHSAS 18001 - norm for requirements related to the Health and Safety Management System. Allows an organization to have control and understanding of all the relevant dangers resulting from normal and abnormal operation, and improve their performance. With this certification, International Paper demonstrates commitment to protection and the value for the safety of its professionals.
- Cerflor and FSC™ - International Paper carries the two seals of certification for programs that attest to ecologically correct forestry management and the traceability of the chain of custody, available in Brazil: Cerflor (Brazilian Program for Forest Certification) (Programa Brasileiro de Certificação Florestal), developed and managed by Inmetro and recognized internationally by the PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification); and the FSC™ (Forest Stewardship Council™ - Conselho de Manejo Florestal). The two programs' objectives include the preservation of biodiversity, the responsible use of forest resources and the maintenance of the quality of the earth, air and water. In addition, the programs evaluate the operation of companies in environmental, economic and social development in the regions in which they operate.
- EcoLabel Flower – International Paper was the first Brazilian company to receive the European seal Ecolabel Flower. The European certification aims to encourage the sustainability of products and services. Achieving the Ecolabel means guaranteeing consumers that the product is made according to atmospheric emission principles, reduction of waste water, reduction of energy consumption during the production process and reduction of environmental risks related to the use of dangerous chemical substances, along with the management of sustainable forests.