Pulp & Paper Mill in Svetogorsk
Svetogorsk pulp & paper mill is one of the leading pulp & paper mills in Russia and operates with state of the art technology and equipment.
Acquired by International Paper in 2009, the Svetogorsk pulp & paper mill was established in 1887 and is the major employer in the town of Svetogorsk. In 2009, its legal entity name changed from OAO Svetogorsk to ZAO International Paper. The facility is one of the leading pulp & paper mills in Russia and operates with state of the art technology and equipment. It covers some 200 hectares on the Karelian Isthmus, and comprises three pulp mills, two papermaking machines, and the A3 and A4 cut-size finishing.
Since 1998, International Paper has invested more than $700 million in the upgrade and modernization of Svetogorsk mill to ensure its long-term competitiveness. Projects include the construction of the BCTMP (Bleached Chemical Thermo-Mechanical Pulp) Plant in 2008, installation of the board coater at PM1, speed-up project at PM4 and numerous other projects.